I am participating in the Gayle Forman Read Along that is organized by Brittany from The Book Addict’s Guide! (Visit her blog for more info or if you want to sign up!) The first book in the Read Along will be Sisters in Sanity and is hosted by Judith at Paper Riot.
Questions for week 1:
1. What is your first impression of Brit? Do you like her as a character? And do you think she really has ODD, or is she just a teenager?
I really like Brit so far! My first impression of her is that she’s spirited and individualistic. She has her own style and she owns it and I like that. I definitely don’t think she has ODD (oppositional defiance disorder) or, if she did, it seems like a normal teenager thing to have versus an actual “disorder”! Moody, argumentative, defiant… don’t all teenagers do that?
2. What is your first impression of the other girls? (V, Bebe, Martha, Cassie) Do you like them? Do you think they can be trusted? Who is your favorite?
V seems helpful and knowledgeable, Bebe seems like a fun California girl and Cassie seems laid back and funny. We haven’t seen tooo much of Martha yet. I honestly don’t know if we can trust V because yeah, she’s been super nice and helpful but WHO KNOWS. Maybe she just wants to get outta there. Or maybe I’m overly cynical. Currently, my favorite is Bebe.
3. We get a first glimpse of how things are handled at the Red Rock. How do you feel about this so far? Do you think the way things are handled is okay?
It’s complete BS! It reminds me a bit of Holes actually. I feel like some girls there are just going to get irreversible psychological damage. =(
4. What do you think about the story of Brit’s parents? Do you think this has anything to do with the way Brit acts now?
The flashback to the times at CoffeeNation made me sad. I think that time period definitely had a lasting impression on Brit. I think being around all those musicians definitely had an impact on her decision to become one. Also, that kind of free form lifestyle is kind of what Brit is doing. She’s being her own person. And if her parents were still together and still had CoffeeNation? None of the reasons why she’s sent to Red Rock would be a problem at all.
5. What is your first impression of Sisters In Sanity after the first 7 chapters? Are you enjoying it? Is this your first Gayle Forman book?
This is my first Gayle Forman book! I really like it so far! I already love the little of what we’ve seen of Jed. And I can’t wait to get to know all the girls more!
Next week will be chapters 8-14! I can’t wait!