I am participating in the Gayle Forman Read Along that is organized by Brittany from The Book Addict’s Guide! (Visit her blog for more info or if you want to sign up!) The first book in the Read Along will be Sisters in Sanity and is hosted by Judith at Paper Riot.
1. Brit realizes that they have nothing to fear from the Red Rock. The only thing that’s keeping them back is fear itself. In what way do they fear the Red Rock? What will happen now that Brit is no longer afraid?
I am ready for Brit to kick some Red Rock ass. They’ve been held in this fear for so long — fear that if they don’t comply with the rules, they’ll get bumped down a level, fear that they’ll get punished, fear that they won’t get out of this hellish place. Now that Brit isn’t afraid, she’s going to take action and DO something about their situation. (Go Brit!!)
2. Brit finds letters from her mother and grandmother. What did you feel about them? Do you think there is still hope for Brit’s mother? And how did her grandmother feel about Brit being sent to the Red Rock?
That letter from Brit’s mom made me sad — so heart wrenching. It’s a glimpse of her mom in a moment of clarity and just shows how much she loves her. As far as hope for her mom, it really depends on what kind of treatment she can get. I’m really not sure what can be done but she did have this moment of clarity! That means something, right?
3. We find out the truth about V. What really happened to her? How do you feel about this? Were you expecting something like this?
Gosh, this was heart wrenching too. Poor V!! I was not expecting this at all actually. I have to admit I was a bit more on the cynical side and was all ready for it to be V getting demoted on purpose so she can spy on people for Clayton. It also makes me sad because I feel like V could have gotten actual therapy for what she was going through instead of seeking out Red Rock which kind of treats her symptom but not the underlying issue.
4. What did you think of the way this book ended? Do you feel satisfied? Were there things you didn’t like that much? What was your favorite part?
Aww, I loved the ending! Favorite part? Well, that’s easy. Jed. =) That was just so cute!! I also like that Brit and her Dad were able to get their feelings out there, and came to somewhat of a resolution.
5. What is your first thought of Sisters In Sanity? Did you enjoy it? Do you think you’ll want to read it again? If you have read Gayle Forman’s other books, did you like this one more or less?
I really enjoyed the read along! I’m not sure if it would be one I’d read again but it’s one I want to recommend to people. This was my first Gayle Forman book and I’m excited to start the next! =)