Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week we’re talking about top 10 books from our childhood (and teen!) years we want to revisit! Well I was an AVID reader ever since a little kid. So many to choose from! Here are some of my favorites that I’d love to revisit!
1. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine: Oh you guys. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. It is my absolute favorite Cinderella retelling of all time. I recently watched the live action Cinderella movie and I just kept thinking oh my gosh, I need to go reread Ella Enchanted! I reread this book to death back in the day — even know, nearly what, 10 years later? I can hear the lines in my head. I need to go dig this out and reread.
2. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Spear: I went through a period of time when I read nothing but historical fiction… and I really love this one! I loved Kit and her journey and Nat Eaton <33 one of my childhood favorites!
3. The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander: I don’t remember much about this series, I just remember that I was OBSESSED with this series and loved it to death. I wonder if I would like it if I reread it? Not sure because I can’t remember if this was more MG fantasy? But I did love this series!
4. Holes by Louis Sachar: This was one of my absolute favorites! It was smart and funny and just so good! I loved the flashbacks and how everything pieced together. I definitely want to revisit!
5. The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix: This was one of my first fantasy loves!! I have this trilogy to reread because I want to read Clariel so. I can’t wait!
6. Sweet Valley High by Francine Pascal: I adored this series back in the day!! Jessica and Elizabeth — they made me wish I had a twin sister!
7. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner: I loved this series so much that I made a fort in my house and pretended it was a boxcar and I wanted to live in it. I took my reading seriously… haha.
8. The Babysitter’s Club by Ann M. Martin: I wanted a babysitter’s club!! I tried to convince my friends to form one with me. They didn’t want to. SIGH. These are books I want my kids to read one day!
9. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt: I adored this book when I was younger! Just… loved it so much. Um but I made a whole new ending up in my head. Haha.
10. Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene: I was a Nancy Drew FANATIC. At my library I remember I had a 4 book limit. I would go in and get four in the Nancy Drew originals series, devour, return, get the next four and REPEAT. I played the Nancy Drew mystery computer games too (and still do when I have time!) Nancy Drew is the best.
What books from your childhood did you love and want to revisit? Tell me your favorites! I loved going on this trip down memory lane!