Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week we are talking about the books we are MOST excited for in the rest of 2016! I’m not going to lie, I’ve been sadly disappointed by a lot of my really anticipated titles so far this year so I’m really hoping that won’t be the case for these books I’m HIGHLY anticipating!
1. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco: This just sounds amazing and creepy and I’m super excited for this debut!
2. Heartless by Marissa Meyer: Another retelling from Marissa Meyer! Yes, please! (Also, I nearly died in a stampede getting it at BEA)
3. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: Okay, this is obvious — I’ve been dying for Gemina, this was like my #1 book I wanted from BEA. And I’m honestly still ruminating whether or not to wait until release day to read because of the lack of final artwork in the arc. I may still be peer pressured to read the arc buuut gosh, I don’t know! I want the COMPLETE experience!
4. Nemesis by Anna Banks: I’m super excited for this one! Enemies that fall in love? I’d love to read that.
5. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo: I’ve wanted this for soo long, I neeeed it! I’ve had it preordered since forever and I just cannot WAIT.
6. Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter: Russian folktale! I am all for that!
7. Vicarious by Paula Stokes: I love sister stories plus this one just sounds fascinating!
8. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff: Let’s just say, it’s Jay Kristoff! Need I say more?
9. The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron: Firstly, how gorgeous is this cover?? Secondly, I loved Sharon Cameron’s other duology plus this one sounds really unique! I can’t wait!
10. The Reader by Traci Chee: An illiterate society that doesn’t know what books are? A murdered father? I’m intrigued and I want this book like now!