Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week we are talking about our all time faves!
So I chose fantasy as the genre to feature my all time favorites from because fantasy is my favorite genre! I only did six because I wanted to only choose the ones that I absolutely, 100%, with all my heart love and will reread again and again. These are the fantasy worlds and fantasy stories that left an impression on my life, with stories and characters that will stay with me forever.
1. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: Featuring an amazing fantasy world, beautiful friendships and an incredible character arc, not to mention the best ship of all time. <3 I recently reread this series and think I loved it even more the second time around!
2. The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta: This is fantasy at its best. An intricate fantasy story with a cast of great characters that you come to care for and root for — every single one of them! This series also features not just one amazing ship but SEVERAL. An armada if you will. And I loved it. Also, one of the greatest character growths of all time.
3. Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo: Magic, a detailed fantasy world and unique characters plus BEAUTIFUL writing. I swear, Leigh’s writing reminds me why I love to read.
4. The Falconer series by Elizabeth May: Historical fiction, Fae, steampunk. These three elements combine for an amazing fantasy series and I’m dying for the final book.
5. Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkowski: This isn’t as “fantasy” as the others, I actually wasn’t sure if I was going to include it in this list but as far as “made up world not in this reality”, I’ll consider it fantasy. Featuring a smart, resourceful MC and war and strategy and politics — I loved it all, and of course, I can’t forget to mention the ship because <3
6. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: I call this series the series of my heart. It will always remain one of my favorites of all time, regardless of genre, because it has impacted my life so much. Friendships, love, life, loss… it truly is such a great series. (But I stand by my personal belief that the original books are canon and in my mind the Cursed Child doesn’t exist and can JK please stop writing more books in this world because ALL WAS WELL.)