Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week we are talking about a “one sitting” theme – I decided to go with top ten books that will make you read the day away. Basically, these are books I could NOT put down and had to read in one sitting whether it be reading the whole day away (or night away with no sleep!)
1. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas: I read this in a frenzy. I couldn’t stop because I HAD TO KNOW and there were so many theories and I feel like I didn’t even blink as I read because I was so frenzied!
2. Shadow Kiss + Blood Promise + Spirit Bound + Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead: I read books 3-6 of the Vampire Academy in a weekend. Yes, that’s right, four books in about two days. I literally didn’t leave my room, I’m not even sure if I took breaks to eat, I was just in the ultimate binge mode. I was in such a VA haze, I had the worst book hangover EVER afterward. I walked out into the real world and it was like… what, vampires aren’t real?
3. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: I mean, it LOOKS like a big book but it’s actually a fairly quick read and I totally read it in one sitting without meaning to. I just couldn’t stop turning the pages and I was so riveted putting it down was just out of the question!
4. The Deal by Elle Kennedy (actually all the Off-Campus books): I am pretty sure I started The Deal one night right before going to bed. It had been a “let me read a few chapters then go to sleep” thing and before I knew it I was halfway through the book and by that point I might as well just finish it right? Read this series, you won’t regret it!
5. The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson: Toward the end of this book all these fantastic reveals start happening and you’re just like OH MY GOD all these things are tying together from the first two books and it’s mind blowing. You won’t be able to stop reading!
6. The Falconer by Elizabeth May: I stayed up, turning the pages quickly only to be greeted with the WORST CLIFFHANGER so have The Vanishing Throne ready to binge right after as well!
7. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman: This is just so action packed I couldn’t bear to find a stopping point! I loved this western adventure and devoured it in one sitting!
8. The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: this political thriller had me on the edge of my seat and I didn’t want to take a break from it! I had to find out what would happen!
9. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger: The first time I read this was in undergrad – I couldn’t stop reading so I didn’t. This meant that 3 am (on a week night) found me sobbing inconsolably into my book. You won’t be able to put this one down. And it’s an all time fave of mine! <3
10. The Wallflowers series by Lisa Kleypas: I read like all five books in a matter of days! Binged the whole thing and it was amazing. I started my foray into historical romance with a bang that’s for sure! SO GOOD!