Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
So this was a TTT topic a few weeks back and I didn’t get a chance to put mine together in time. Now that TTT is on hiatus for awhile, I decided to do my top 10 today! Actually, turns out I only have SIX that I’ve rated 4.5 and above. Eeep! Rec me your favorite reads, you guys, because clearly I need some more five star reads in my life! These are my TOP favorite reads so far in 2017! (Not counting rereads.) Let me know in the comments if you’ve read any of these and what you thought!
1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor: I honestly don’t know why I didn’t read this series sooner because I LOVED IT SO MUCH. You can check out my unabridged thoughts here — definitely one of my top favorite series of all time.
2. Geekerella by Ashley Poston: All the fandom love and all things geeky! The Cinderella twists were also just fantastic and I loved this story so much!
3. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor: Laini is clearly a new favorite author! Strange the Dreamer was just as beautifully written as Daughter of Smoke and Bone and also carried some of that same emotion! Why is the sequel so far away!
4. Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys: This woman writes historical fiction like none other. Riveting and moving, I was wholly invested in Josie and her story!
5. The Valiant by Lesley Livingston: Gladiatrixes! Fast paced with a great female lead — and also, did I mention gladiatrixes? This was so totally my thing.
6. Timekeeper by Tara Sim: Steampunk, alternate historical fiction, fantasy and the best OTP — I really couldn’t have asked for more. Read it!